Learn about Burlington County
Located in the heart of the Garden State, Burlington County is a captivating region that offers a rich blend of history, natural beauty, and modern amenities. Situated in southern New Jersey, this county is home to diverse communities, picturesque landscapes, and a plethora of attractions that cater to all interests. Whether you're a history enthusiast, outdoor adventurer, or simply seeking a relaxing getaway, Burlington County has something for everyone. In this article, we will delve into the various facets that make Burlington County an enticing destination worth exploring.
Historical Significance: Burlington County is steeped in history, with roots dating back to its founding in 1694. The county's namesake, Burlington City, was the capital of West Jersey during the colonial era and served as an essential hub for trade and governance. Today, Burlington City preserves its historic charm with beautifully preserved buildings, including the Burlington County Prison Museum, the oldest surviving prison in the United States. Visitors can immerse themselves in the county's rich history by exploring the Burlington County Historical Society Museum or taking a stroll through the charming streets lined with well-preserved 18th-century architecture.
Natural Beauty and Outdoor Recreation: Nature enthusiasts will find solace in Burlington County's abundance of natural wonders. The county is home to several stunning parks and recreational areas that offer opportunities for outdoor activities and relaxation. The Rancocas State Park is a haven for hikers, bikers, and birdwatchers, boasting picturesque trails winding through forests, meadows, and wetlands. Smithville Park, with its serene lake and scenic walking paths, is perfect for a family picnic or leisurely stroll. For those seeking a more adventurous experience, the Brendan T. Byrne State Forest offers camping, boating, fishing, and miles of trails for hiking and horseback riding.
Delightful Communities: Burlington County comprises numerous charming communities, each with its own distinct character and appeal. Mount Holly, the county seat, is a vibrant town renowned for its quaint shops, art galleries, and lively festivals. Medford, known for its picturesque Main Street lined with historic buildings, offers a range of boutique shopping and dining options. Additionally, Riverton, a small riverside community, captivates visitors with its Victorian charm and tranquil atmosphere. Exploring these delightful communities is a delightful way to experience the warmth and hospitality of Burlington County.
Cultural and Entertainment Offerings: Burlington County boasts a thriving arts and culture scene that caters to various tastes. The county is home to the Perkins Center for the Arts, a renowned institution that offers art exhibitions, educational programs, and community events. Music lovers can enjoy live performances at the Burlington County Amphitheater or the Symphony in C, a professional orchestra based in the county. The Burlington County Farm Fair, held annually, celebrates the region's agricultural heritage with livestock displays, amusement rides, and delicious local cuisine.
Shopping and Dining Experiences: For those seeking retail therapy and delectable culinary experiences, Burlington County does not disappoint. The Moorestown Mall and the Cherry Hill Mall are popular shopping destinations, housing an array of national and international brands. In addition to modern shopping centers, the county is home to numerous farmers' markets, offering fresh produce, artisanal goods, and locally made crafts. Burlington County's dining scene is equally diverse, with a wide range of restaurants, cafes, and eateries catering to all tastes, from classic American cuisine to international flavors.
Conclusion: Burlington County, with its compelling blend of history, natural beauty, and vibrant communities, is an enchanting destination that has something for every visitor. Whether you're exploring the county's historical sites, immersing yourself in its picturesque parks, or indulging in its cultural and culinary offerings, Burlington County offers a truly memorable experience. So, plan your visit to this captivating region of southern New Jersey and uncover the hidden gems that await you in Burlington County.
POINTS OF INTEREST IN THE CITY
Burlington County in New Jersey is a treasure trove of attractions and points of interest that are sure to captivate visitors. Whether you're a history buff, a nature enthusiast, or an art lover, there's something for everyone within a 15-mile radius of the county. In this article, we will explore some of the top points of interest in Burlington County and its surrounding areas.
- Historic Smithville Mansion (Eastampton): Located in Eastampton, the Historic Smithville Mansion is a beautifully preserved Georgian-style mansion that dates back to the 19th century. Explore the mansion's elegant rooms, manicured gardens, and enjoy guided tours that offer a glimpse into the county's rich history and architectural heritage.
- Roebling Museum (Roebling): Just a short distance away in the town of Roebling, you'll find the Roebling Museum. This museum celebrates the engineering marvels created by the Roebling family, including the iconic Brooklyn Bridge. Learn about the history of wire rope manufacturing and the impact of the Roeblings on the industrial development of the region.
- Rancocas Nature Center (Westampton): For nature enthusiasts, the Rancocas Nature Center is a must-visit destination. Situated in Westampton, this nature preserve offers miles of scenic trails that wind through forests, meadows, and wetlands. Enjoy birdwatching, wildlife observation, and take part in educational programs that highlight the importance of environmental conservation.
- Burlington County Farmers Market (Moorestown): Indulge in a unique shopping experience at the Burlington County Farmers Market in Moorestown. Open seasonally, this market showcases a wide variety of fresh produce, locally made crafts, baked goods, and more. Stroll through the vibrant stalls, sample delicious treats, and support local farmers and artisans.
- Historic Burlington City: Step back in time as you explore Historic Burlington City, the county seat. Take a leisurely walk along the charming streets lined with well-preserved 18th-century architecture. Visit the Burlington County Historical Society Museum to delve deeper into the region's history and admire landmarks such as the Burlington County Prison Museum, the oldest prison in the United States.
In conclusion, Burlington County and its surrounding areas offer a plethora of points of interest within a 15-mile radius. From historic sites and museums to picturesque parks, nature preserves, and cultural attractions, there's something for everyone to enjoy in this captivating region of New Jersey. Plan your visit to explore these diverse attractions and create lasting memories in Burlington County.
BEST PLACES TO LIVE IN BURLINGTON COUNTY
Burlington County in New Jersey offers a range of charming communities that provide an exceptional quality of life. If you're considering relocating to this vibrant county, you'll find a variety of desirable places to call home within a 15-mile radius. In this article, we will explore some of the best places to live in Burlington County and highlight their unique features and amenities.
- Moorestown: Moorestown consistently ranks as one of the best places to live in not only Burlington County but also in New Jersey. This picturesque town is known for its top-rated schools, beautiful neighborhoods, and a thriving downtown area. Residents of Moorestown enjoy a strong sense of community, excellent recreational facilities, and a wide range of dining and shopping options. With its blend of historic charm and modern amenities, Moorestown offers a high quality of life for families and professionals alike.
- Medford: Located in the heart of the county, Medford is a scenic community that offers a peaceful suburban lifestyle. This town is characterized by its tree-lined streets, historic architecture, and a charming downtown area with unique shops and restaurants. Medford boasts excellent schools, abundant recreational opportunities, and proximity to nature with parks, lakes, and trails for outdoor enthusiasts. The community-oriented atmosphere and strong sense of civic pride make Medford an appealing place to settle down.
- Mount Laurel: As one of the larger municipalities in Burlington County, Mount Laurel offers a diverse range of residential options and amenities. This suburban township is known for its well-regarded school system, recreational facilities, and a thriving business community. Mount Laurel is home to numerous parks, including Laurel Acres Park and the Rancocas State Park, providing ample opportunities for outdoor activities. The township also offers a variety of shopping centers, dining options, and easy access to major highways, making it an ideal choice for commuters.
- Haddonfield: Although located just outside the borders of Burlington County, Haddonfield is worth mentioning due to its close proximity and desirability. This historic town boasts a vibrant downtown area with an array of boutique shops, gourmet restaurants, and cultural attractions. Haddonfield's tree-lined streets are lined with beautifully preserved Victorian homes, adding to its charm. The town offers highly rated schools, a strong sense of community, and easy access to public transportation, making it an appealing choice for families and professionals seeking a small-town atmosphere with big-city amenities.
- Cinnaminson: Cinnaminson is a welcoming community that combines suburban tranquility with convenient access to urban amenities. This township offers a range of housing options, from historic homes to newer developments. Cinnaminson's strong school system, family-friendly parks, and recreational facilities make it an attractive choice for families. The town's location along the Delaware River provides opportunities for outdoor activities like boating and fishing. Cinnaminson also offers a variety of shopping centers, restaurants, and a close-knit community feel.
Burlington County offers an array of wonderful places to live within a 15-mile radius. Whether you're looking for historic charm, suburban tranquility, top-rated schools, or proximity to urban amenities, there's a community in Burlington County that will suit your preferences. Consider Moorestown, Medford, Mount Laurel, Haddonfield (just outside the county), Cinnaminson, and Delran as some of the best places to call home in this vibrant New Jersey county.
THINGS TO DO IN BURLINGTON COUNTY
Burlington County in New Jersey is a vibrant and diverse destination offering a wide range of activities and attractions for visitors of all ages and interests. Whether you're a history enthusiast, outdoor adventurer, art lover, or foodie, Burlington County has something for everyone. In this article, we will explore the top things to do in Burlington County that are sure to make your visit memorable.
- Explore Historic Sites: Burlington County is steeped in history, and there are several historic sites to explore. Begin your journey in the town of Burlington City, the county seat, where you can visit the Burlington County Historical Society Museum and the Burlington County Prison Museum, the oldest prison in the United States. Other notable historic sites include the Smithville Mansion in Eastampton and the Roebling Museum in Roebling, which celebrates the engineering accomplishments of the Roebling family.
- Enjoy Outdoor Recreation: Nature lovers will find plenty of opportunities for outdoor recreation in Burlington County. Visit the Rancocas State Park in Westampton, where you can hike, bike, or enjoy birdwatching amidst its diverse ecosystems. Smithville Park in Eastampton offers scenic walking trails and a picturesque lake for boating and fishing. For a more adventurous experience, explore the Brendan T. Byrne State Forest, which features camping, hiking, and horseback riding trails.
- Visit Museums and Cultural Centers: Burlington County is home to a variety of museums and cultural centers that offer engaging and educational experiences. The Perkins Center for the Arts in Moorestown hosts art exhibitions, workshops, and performances. The Burlington County Lyceum of History and Natural Sciences in Mount Holly provides insight into the county's cultural and natural heritage. The Garfield Park Museum in Willingboro showcases local history through exhibits and artifacts.
- Attend Festivals and Events: Burlington County hosts a range of festivals and events throughout the year, providing opportunities for fun and entertainment. The Burlington County Farm Fair, held annually in Springfield Township, celebrates the region's agricultural heritage with livestock displays, amusement rides, and live entertainment. The Mount Holly Art Walk in Mount Holly showcases the work of local artists and artisans. Keep an eye on the county's event calendar for other exciting festivals and community gatherings.
- Discover Dining and Shopping Experiences: Indulge your taste buds and go on a culinary adventure in Burlington County. Explore the diverse range of dining options, from quaint cafes and family-run diners to upscale restaurants serving a variety of cuisines. Don't miss the opportunity to visit the Burlington County Farmers Market in Moorestown, where you can sample fresh produce, artisanal goods, and local treats. Additionally, the county boasts several shopping centers, including the Moorestown Mall and the Cherry Hill Mall, offering a mix of national retailers and specialty boutiques.
Burlington County provides a wealth of opportunities for exploration, entertainment, and relaxation. From immersing yourself in history and enjoying outdoor activities to experiencing art, culture, and culinary delights, there is no shortage of things to do in this vibrant New Jersey county. Plan your visit to Burlington County and create lasting memories as you discover all the exciting attractions and experiences it has to offer.
NEIGHBORHOODS OR AREAS IN BURLINGTON COUNTY
Burlington County in New Jersey is home to a diverse range of neighborhoods and areas that offer distinct characteristics and unique lifestyles. From historic towns to modern developments, rural landscapes to bustling suburbs, there is a neighborhood to suit every preference. In this article, we will explore some of the notable neighborhoods and areas in Burlington County.
- Moorestown: Known for its charming tree-lined streets and historic homes, Moorestown is a highly desirable neighborhood in Burlington County. The town offers a mix of architectural styles, from classic Colonials to Victorian-era houses, creating a picturesque ambiance. Moorestown boasts top-rated schools, a vibrant downtown area with boutique shops and restaurants, and a strong sense of community. It is a sought-after neighborhood for families and professionals seeking a blend of historic charm and modern amenities.
- Medford: Medford is a suburban neighborhood located in the heart of Burlington County. With its tranquil atmosphere and an abundance of natural beauty, Medford attracts residents looking for a serene and family-friendly lifestyle. The neighborhood is characterized by spacious properties, many with large yards and wooded surroundings. Medford offers a range of recreational opportunities, including parks, lakes, and outdoor trails. The downtown area features quaint shops, local eateries, and community events that foster a close-knit community spirit.
- Mount Laurel: As one of the larger neighborhoods in Burlington County, Mount Laurel offers a diverse range of residential options and amenities. This suburban area features a mix of established neighborhoods and newer developments. Mount Laurel is known for its excellent school system, recreational facilities, and a thriving business community. The neighborhood offers numerous parks, including the expansive Laurel Acres Park and the Rancocas State Park, providing ample opportunities for outdoor activities. With its proximity to major highways and convenient access to shopping centers and dining options, Mount Laurel appeals to both families and professionals.
- Riverton: Riverton is a small, historic neighborhood nestled along the banks of the Delaware River. This waterfront community is known for its Victorian architecture and a tranquil, small-town ambiance. Residents of Riverton enjoy a close-knit community feel and a strong sense of civic pride. The neighborhood features charming tree-lined streets, a picturesque riverfront promenade, and local shops and restaurants. Riverton is a popular choice for those seeking a tight-knit community with a nostalgic charm.
- Cinnaminson: Cinnaminson is a welcoming neighborhood that offers a mix of suburban tranquility and accessibility to urban amenities. This community boasts a variety of housing options, from historic homes to newer developments. Cinnaminson's strong school system, family-friendly parks, and recreational facilities make it an attractive choice for families. The neighborhood's location along the Delaware River provides opportunities for outdoor activities such as boating and fishing. With a range of shopping centers, restaurants, and a close-knit community feel, Cinnaminson offers a balanced lifestyle.
Burlington County encompasses a range of neighborhoods and areas, each with its own distinct character and lifestyle. Whether you prefer historic charm, suburban tranquility, waterfront living, or close-knit communities, there is a neighborhood in Burlington County to suit your preferences. Explore the various neighborhoods mentioned above and find the perfect place to call home in this vibrant county in New Jersey.
TRANSPORTATION, ROAD AND HIGHWAYS IN BURLINGTON COUNTY
Burlington County in New Jersey has a well-developed transportation network that provides convenient access to various destinations within and beyond the county. With an extensive road system, major highways, and public transportation options, residents and visitors can easily navigate and commute throughout the area. In this article, we will explore the transportation, roads, and highways in Burlington County.
- Highways: Burlington County is served by several major highways that connect it to other parts of New Jersey and neighboring states. The New Jersey Turnpike (Interstate 95) runs through the western part of the county, providing direct access to major cities like Philadelphia and New York City. Interstate 295 traverses the county, offering connections to the Delaware Memorial Bridge and points north and south. Additionally, US Route 130 and US Route 206 are important highways that pass through Burlington County, facilitating local and regional travel.
- County Routes: Burlington County has an extensive network of county routes that provide connectivity within the county. These routes, designated with CR followed by a number, offer convenient access to various municipalities, neighborhoods, and points of interest. County routes often serve as primary routes for local commuting and transportation, complementing the major highways.
- Public Transportation: Public transportation options in Burlington County include bus services and commuter trains. NJ Transit operates several bus routes that connect the county to neighboring areas, including Philadelphia and Trenton. The River LINE is a light rail system that runs from Trenton to Camden, with stops in Burlington County at Florence, Roebling, Burlington City, and Riverside. The River LINE provides a convenient transportation option for commuters and travelers.
- Burlington County Bridge Commission: The Burlington County Bridge Commission operates and maintains several bridges within the county. Notable bridges include the Burlington-Bristol Bridge, connecting Burlington City and Bristol, Pennsylvania, over the Delaware River, and the Tacony-Palmyra Bridge, connecting Palmyra and Philadelphia. These bridges serve as vital transportation links, facilitating travel and commerce between New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
- Road Network: Burlington County boasts a comprehensive road network, comprising both local roads and major thoroughfares. The road system provides connectivity to residential areas, commercial centers, educational institutions, recreational facilities, and other points of interest. The county's roads are well-maintained, allowing for efficient and safe travel throughout the region.
Burlington County's transportation infrastructure, road network, and highways contribute to the efficient movement of people and goods within the county and beyond. With major highways, well-maintained roads, public transportation options, and a commitment to active transportation, residents and visitors can easily access employment centers, recreational areas, educational institutions, and other destinations. The transportation system in Burlington County plays a vital role in supporting the county's economic development and enhancing the quality of life for its residents.
HOW YOU CAN VISIT IN BURLINGTON COUNTY
Burlington County in New Jersey offers a wide array of attractions, activities, and natural beauty that make it a desirable destination for visitors. Whether you're interested in history, outdoor recreation, cultural experiences, or simply enjoying the scenic landscapes, there are plenty of ways to make the most of your visit to Burlington County. In this article, we will guide you through the various ways you can explore and experience all that this diverse county has to offer.
- Plan Your Itinerary: Start by planning your itinerary based on your interests and the duration of your visit. Consider the attractions and activities that appeal to you the most, such as visiting historic sites, exploring nature parks, attending cultural events, or enjoying local cuisine. Research the opening hours, admission fees, and any special events happening during your visit to ensure a well-rounded experience.
- Explore Historic Sites: Burlington County is rich in history, with numerous historic sites and landmarks to explore. Begin your journey in Burlington City, the county seat, where you can visit the Burlington County Historical Society Museum and the Burlington County Prison Museum, which offer insights into the county's past. Other notable historic sites include the Smithville Mansion in Eastampton and the Roebling Museum in Roebling, celebrating the engineering accomplishments of the Roebling family. Consider taking guided tours or joining historical walking tours to gain a deeper understanding of the region's heritage.
- Enjoy Outdoor Recreation: Nature lovers will find plenty of opportunities for outdoor recreation in Burlington County. Visit Rancocas State Park in Westampton, a vast natural area offering hiking trails, picnic spots, and wildlife viewing. Explore Smithville Park in Eastampton, which features scenic walking trails, a lake for boating and fishing, and beautiful gardens. Brendan T. Byrne State Forest offers camping, hiking, and horseback riding opportunities in a serene woodland setting. Be sure to check for any seasonal activities or guided tours that may enhance your outdoor experience.
- Attend Festivals and Events: Burlington County hosts a variety of festivals and events throughout the year, providing a vibrant and immersive experience for visitors. Check the county's event calendar for upcoming festivals, such as the Burlington County Farm Fair in Springfield Township, which celebrates agriculture with livestock displays, amusement rides, and live entertainment. The Mount Holly Art Walk in Mount Holly showcases the work of local artists and artisans. Attending these events will allow you to engage with the local community, experience local traditions, and savor the county's cultural offerings.
- Visit Museums and Cultural Centers: Burlington County is home to a range of museums and cultural centers that offer enriching experiences. The Perkins Center for the Arts in Moorestown hosts art exhibitions, workshops, and performances, providing insight into the local artistic community. The Burlington County Lyceum of History and Natural Sciences in Mount Holly features exhibits showcasing the county's cultural and natural heritage. The Garfield Park Museum in Willingboro highlights local history through exhibits and artifacts. These cultural institutions offer a deeper understanding of Burlington County's past, present, and future.
Burlington County welcomes visitors with its rich history, natural beauty, cultural experiences, and diverse attractions. By planning your itinerary, exploring historic sites, enjoying outdoor recreation, attending festivals and events, visiting museums and cultural centers, indulging in dining and shopping, and utilizing transportation options, you can make the most of your visit and create unforgettable memories in this vibrant New Jersey county.
BEST RESTAURANTS IN BURLINGTON COUNTY
Burlington County in New Jersey is home to a thriving culinary scene, offering a diverse range of dining options for residents and visitors alike. From cozy cafes to upscale eateries, the county boasts numerous restaurants that deliver exceptional flavors and memorable dining experiences. In this article, we will explore some of the best restaurants in Burlington County, representing a variety of cuisines and culinary styles.
- The Local Eatery & Pub (Mount Holly):
Nestled in the heart of Mount Holly, The Local Eatery & Pub offers a vibrant atmosphere and a menu that caters to diverse tastes. Their eclectic offerings range from delicious pub fare like burgers and wings to elevated dishes that incorporate fresh, local ingredients. With a wide selection of craft beers and live entertainment on select evenings, The Local Eatery & Pub provides a lively dining experience for all.
- The Vault - Situated in Bordentown City, The Vault is a contemporary American restaurant that combines classic flavors with modern techniques. The restaurant is known for its stylish and sophisticated ambiance, attentive service, and a menu that highlights seasonal ingredients. The Vault offers a diverse range of dishes, including creative small plates, succulent steaks, and fresh seafood.
- Kitchen87 - Located in Mount Holly, Kitchen87 is a popular spot for casual dining with a focus on comfort food. Their menu features dishes prepared from scratch, showcasing the flavors of local and seasonal ingredients. From their signature fried chicken and waffles to hearty burgers and creative sandwiches, Kitchen87 offers a satisfying meal in a relaxed setting.
- Angelo's Pizzeria & Ristorante - With multiple locations in South Jersey, including Delran and Burlington Township, Angelo's is a beloved Italian restaurant known for its authentic flavors and generous portions. The menu features classic Italian dishes, including homemade pasta, wood-fired pizzas, and delectable desserts. The warm and welcoming atmosphere makes it a favorite spot for families and friends.
- Brickwall Tavern - Located in Burlington City, Brickwall Tavern is a gastropub that combines a casual atmosphere with an impressive selection of craft beers and delicious comfort food. The menu features elevated pub fare, including mouthwatering burgers, creative sandwiches, and hearty mains. With its lively ambiance and friendly staff, Brickwall Tavern is a go-to spot for a relaxed and enjoyable dining experience.
- The Local Eatery & Pub (Mount Holly):
Burlington County boasts a vibrant culinary scene with a variety of restaurants that cater to different tastes and preferences. Whether you're in the mood for farm-to-table cuisine, Italian classics, comforting pub fare, or contemporary American dishes, the county offers an array of dining options that are sure to satisfy. Plan your culinary adventures and indulge in the best restaurants that Burlington County has to offer for a memorable dining experience.
POPULAR HOTELS AND RESORTS IN BURLINGTON COUNTY
Burlington County in New Jersey offers a range of accommodations for visitors seeking a comfortable and enjoyable stay. From boutique hotels to upscale resorts, there are options to suit various preferences and budgets. Whether you're visiting for business or leisure, the county provides a selection of popular hotels and resorts that offer exceptional amenities and services. In this article, we will explore some of the top choices for accommodations in Burlington County.
- The Westin Mount Laurel - Located in Mount Laurel, The Westin is a well-known name in the hospitality industry and provides a luxurious stay for guests. The hotel features modern and spacious rooms, a fitness center, a pool, and an on-site restaurant. With its convenient location and upscale amenities, The Westin offers a comfortable retreat for both business and leisure travelers.
- The Hotel ML - Situated in Mount Laurel, The Hotel ML is a full-service hotel that combines comfort and convenience. The hotel offers a range of rooms and suites with contemporary decor and modern amenities. Guests can enjoy the indoor pool, fitness center, on-site dining options, and complimentary shuttle service within a five-mile radius. The Hotel ML is also popular for hosting events and conferences.
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Mt. Laurel - Located in Mount Laurel, this hotel provides spacious suites with separate living areas, making it a great choice for families or travelers seeking extra space. The hotel offers amenities such as an indoor pool, a fitness center, an on-site restaurant, and complimentary Wi-Fi. The warm hospitality and convenient location make it a popular choice for both business and leisure travelers.
- Hilton Garden Inn Mount Holly/Westampton - Situated in Westampton, the Hilton Garden Inn offers comfortable rooms and suites with modern amenities. Guests can take advantage of the hotel's on-site restaurant, fitness center, and indoor pool. The hotel's convenient location provides easy access to attractions in Burlington County, including historic sites and outdoor recreational areas.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia/Mt. Laurel - Located in Mount Laurel, this hotel offers spacious suites with fully equipped kitchens, making it an ideal choice for extended stays or families. Guests can enjoy the hotel's complimentary breakfast, evening socials, fitness center, and outdoor pool. The hotel's proximity to major highways and attractions makes it a convenient base for exploring Burlington County and the Philadelphia area.
Burlington County offers a range of popular hotels and resorts that cater to the needs and preferences of visitors. Whether you're looking for upscale accommodations with luxurious amenities or cozy bed and breakfasts with a touch of history, the county has options to suit different tastes and budgets. With their comfortable rooms, convenient locations, and excellent services, these hotels and resorts provide a pleasant stay for those exploring the attractions and experiences that Burlington County has to offer.